I was using two blogs...one to write about the Reds, the other about me. I rarely actually blog, so I am just combining them here. So sometimes this will be about the Reds, sometimes just my life.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Round-Tripper Reviews: iTunes Top 25

So...Review is a lose term...but I'm going to list and comment on my current Top 25 played in iTunes from the past 3 months or so.

26 (dropped off while I was writing the blog).  dugdig by ytcracker
ytcracker is a nerdcore rapper.  He had an album that was all to the tune of old NES music.  This is one of the two best.

25. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme
Leonardo Leads...ok, so I listen to interesting things, and these should prepare you for that.  There actually isn't anything from Winnie the Pooh, although there are several of the songs Jennifer and I listen to a lot.

24. Curse of the Randy Bird by Stolie
This is what knocked ytcracker off the list.  I just discovered recently they had the uncensored version of this song on iTunes and immediately downloaded it.  I really enjoy Stolie's music, and this song got us to book her at Marshall when we saw her @ NACA.

23. Sadie Hawkins Dance by Reliant K
I like Reliant K.  They're a lot of fun...and this song just makes me happy.

22. boom boom pow KUNG FU by K.Flay
This is one of a few artists I discovered through NACA.  I heard her at Showcase Selection and loved her stuff immediately.  She is one of the reasons I hated missing NACA this semester...I really wanted to see how she did.

21. Today is Gonna Be A Great Day by Bowling for Soup
Yes, this is the theme song for Phineas and Ferb.  Yes...there are a ton of kids that think it's awesome I know the song.  You actually will (I believe) only see two BFS songs on this list, which may seem low since it's my favorite group.  Also, they both are really low.  The reason why is that there are SO MANY of their songs I listen to, very few get extended play.  Saving Jane actually falls into the same boat.

20. Stimulate by Eminem
I like Eminem's meaningful songs and the funny ones.  This is meaningful.

19. A Friendly Goodbye by Bowling for Soup
Yes, already the other BFS song.  They are talented musicians...but if you know me well you know I care more about the lyrics.  And that is where BFS shines.

18. Anything but Ordinary by Avril Lavigne
I typically like artists that I like a lot the first time I hear them  Saving Jane & BFS were that way...so was Avril.  I really enjoy her music.  As a bonus, this song was used in the underrated TV Show Birds of Prey.


17.  Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne
Yes...already the other Avril song on the list.  This song never gets old for me.  I mean, don't pretend...

16. Bang a Drum by Bon Jovi
I've liked Bon Jovi my whole life, and have often made the case his music is the music of the past 30 years.  If a band is flopping all they need to do is pull out a Bon Jovi song and they get the crowd back.  The Young Guns II soundtrack is just excellent.

15. Our Song by Taylor Swift
I have a broad sweep of music I enjoy.  T-Swift is on there.  She's very talented, and a lot of fun.

14. I Wish I Could Go Back To College from Avenue Q
Avenue Q and Wicked are easily the best musicals of the last 11 years.  Both are amazing.  This song hits is perfect with the end...college was great times...but you can't go back.

13. I'm Not Setting the World on Fire by Brad Yoder
I met Brad at NACA and am happy to call him my friend.  He sang at Jennifer and I's wedding, which is one of the most important parts of the day.  His music is perpetually on this list, and different songs.  It actually falls into the BFS category of there are so many songs I listen to not many can make the list. I just hope he's not upset about some of the people that fell above him the last few months.

12. Fort Bragg by Beki Hemingway
I also met Beki at NACA.  We had her perform at Marshall for two or three straight years.  I listen to some of her songs a lot as well...but this is my favorite.

11. If I Had $1,000,000 by Barenaked Ladies
Jennifer and I have an entire playlist of songs we sing together.  This is one of the ones we sing the most.  They're also just a lot of fun.

10. Lucky from Glee
There are three songs from Glee on the list.  I''m a little surprised at this one being so high.

9. Poker Face from Glee
I'm not surprised by this one.  I really enjoy it.  I don't really listen to Gaga, and so I heard this before the original.  This version is good...I didn't like hers as much.

8. Hot As Ice by Britney Spears
Ok...say what you want.  She doe have talent, and this is a good song.

7. Worst of Me by Saving Jane
This is about timing.  There are a ton of Saving Jane songs I listen to constantly.  As a matter of fact before I had to format my computer this year the song I listened to most was One Girl Revolution.  So...it changes.

6. Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton
He has some amazing songs, and this is easily the best.  How can you top a song about Zombie office workers?

5. American Saturday Night by Brad Paisley
I really like the theme of this song...how America is a mish-mash of tons of different cultures.

4. The Burbs by V.P.
Another NACA find.  This song is awesome.  I think his music would be a hit at Miami.

3. The One That Got Away by Katy Perry
Katy Perry is very talented, though her choice in men baffles me.  Regardless, this is a wonderful song.  I'm not sure how much Jennifer likes me singing it, though.

This is a good time to mention I'm actually really surprised there's no 3OH!3 on the list.  There are several of there songs I've been listening to heavily.

2. American Friday Night by Bucky Covington
A song discovered at King's Island in one of their shows.  Elissa worked at King's Island, and I keep picture her dancing in one of the shows...

1. Billionaire from Glee
This song actually has a good message if you pay attention.  From wanting to help disaster victims to providing for those that are needy...as well as the things for yourself.  I really enjoy it.

I will probably reset the play counts around the new year/my birthday, so I will be able to start fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment