I was using two blogs...one to write about the Reds, the other about me. I rarely actually blog, so I am just combining them here. So sometimes this will be about the Reds, sometimes just my life.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thoughts from Third Base: November 2, 2010

I do have plans for this other than these news recaps.  Look for more in the future...just not there yet.

Adam Richman is on campus today, which makes everything crazy.

With Election Day this week, however, I'll start with something election related.  Former WWE head Linda McMahon is running for Senate.  So the Secretary of State for Connecticut ruled that WWE clothes would be banned from the polls, because fans are sheep, I suppose, and that was promoting her.  I know I would not vote for her if I lived there, because I care more about politics.  I'm not sure I would vote for her primary opposition either, however...as his campaign shows clips from WWE and claims things like "Linda McMahon supports beating the mentally handicapped" or something similar.  Either way, WWE sued, and the ban is lifted.  I often hate politics.  Even someone with the best intentions (President Obama, for example) gets so bogged down by people with special interests that they have to water everything down to get what they want done.

Speaking of which...no link here...but why are people hating on the President?  He said he had certain goals.  Pull our troops from Iraq, fix the financial crisis, health care, etc.  He has moved everything he said he wanted forward.   People complain about everything.

Kevin Smith has a new movie.  It has a poster.  The poster is here, and more intriguing than I expected.



Another book-turned-movie coming out that could be...intriguing.  If my reading time wasn't devoted primarily to the King project, I would consider this book.

Goonies: The Musical.  Ok.  Time for The Princess Bride musical.

For Halloween:  (Jennifer...don't go.)



EW has the first image of Chris Evans as Captain America.  I'm good with it, and more importantly Big Dawg is as well, and he is the huge Cap fan.  That's 3 straight TfT in which I've mentioned him...



The Fine Bros. Have their newest spolers, which are always awesome!  Love watching these!  This time: 100 Horror Move Spolers in 5 minutes.  They also had 50 Nintendo, 100 Reality, Move Spoilers, Movie Spoilers: Oscar Edition, and more.  You should check them out.



Just in time for the new BSG prequel, as detailed in the last TfT, the first one, Caprica, is cancelled.

Joey Votto was named the NL Hank Aaron Award.

Congrats to the Giants for winning the World Series.  Now is the time when it's Hot Stove Season instead of baseball season.  I already miss home. (GABP, which the wife calls my first home.)

Could this be good? Sure.  Will I watch it.  Probably.  Is it a rip-off of Fables?  Yes.

I'll reserve judgement on this until I see it.  A third Ghostbusters isn't the sure thing most think...could be great.  Could be horrid.

I agree with her.  I've never been one to get star-struck.  For the most part I would say...75% of the celebrities in the world are doing what they love and should not have every aspect of their life broadcast every where.  If I ran into Will Smith somewhere (possibly my longest bit of fandom...) I would thank him for the joy he has brought to my life for the past... (quick math) 23 years or so.  (Yes...I used a calculator...).  I wouldn't be all googly-eyed and shocked and everything...nor would I bother him if he was out doing his thing.

Really...that's good for today.  Go vote.  Wait.  I know at least half of my readers have...so....

No comments:

Post a Comment